ad: M2Ant-1

5 Basic Operating Tips for Winter Field Day

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Jan 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KN3O

KN3O Ham Member QRZ Page

Wish this wasn't the same weekend as CQ 160

2. K9SPY

K9SPY Ham Member QRZ Page

160??? Sheesh!

Only an elite group of hams can even GET on 160... not gonna stop ME from participating in WFD

:)

My best bands are 40,30,and 17

It should be a brisk 60 degrees F in San Antonio this weekend... I'm planning to break out the cold weather gear and suffer with my hampadres!

Cheers de K9SPY

3. KY7WV

KY7WV Ham Member QRZ Page

WFD from Flagstaff, Arizona will be in temperatures in the low teens. Hello Duluth! We'll be colder than you!
    73, KY7WV

4. KN3O

KN3O Ham Member QRZ Page

160m is not the barrier many people think it is. You can short the feedline of an 80m dipole and do just fine on top band. A helical vertical design is quite popular in the UK. An inverted L is very simple to install, even on a basic lot.

5. AD4XT

AD4XT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Many thanks to the guys putting this contest together. Had a great time this year. 275 contacts for one station. 1Oscar GA station.
    Already looking forward to next year.
    73 km4fij

6. AA9SD

AA9SD Ham Member QRZ Page

This was fun. I had a meeting from Friday through Saturday and got home late Saturday night. That meant I had only an hour to play radio on Sunday so I took the FT-817nd, hamstick for 20 meters and battery to the local county park and set up. With 5 watts into a small antenna I worked stations from Rhode Island to California. I put my log together today and emailed it in. I'm already making plans for next winter!

7. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page