5/8ths Quad?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KB6LEE, Jul 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. RW4HFN

RW4HFN Ham Member QRZ Page

A bold statement! I ask everyone who thinks so to support Maximo with likes.
    And then, maybe, it is not necessary to publish models on this forum at all... ;)

2. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

I sometimes wonder why we bother....

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This quite graphically demonstrates that the gain of a loop is proportional to the enclosed area (for a given perimeter). Since the circle best fills the bill, it's the optimum choice (though not convenient at low frequencies!

4. EA1DDO

EA1DDO Ham Member QRZ Page

Igor, don´t get me wrong.
    I use Mmana, 4NEC2 (NEC4.2 engine), Eznec and even FEKO. I love modeling and simulating.
    But talking about Cubical Quads... in real life something else happens, not showed in the simulation.

I´ve done real tests, side by side. results are quite different than simulations.

I can only say one thing; try that yourself, real test. Then come back to me.

73, Maximo

5. RW4HFN

RW4HFN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have built a lot of standard ones. Now only build NON-STANDARD antennas... What is the point of wasting time on something that has been tried many times and fits perfectly into models and practice?
    At the same time, for me, the process is more important than the result. I have already stated my opinion above, will not repeat myself.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021