4U1UN on the air today

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by N5CM, Dec 3, 2019 at 4:02 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

...or at least I hope it was. I read he was on 40m phone for about an hour the other day, 11/27. Heard him on 14.022 MHz today and got a contact a 18:36z.

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

i NEED them on CW and FT8

3. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Heard them calling CQ. Then all I heard was a solid tone from the pileup. Tried a few times 20Hz below. I didn't have a chance. Maybe next time.

4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

When I, allegedly, got him, he was working simplex. Later he went split.

Those who think they must zero beat the DX frequency to tune their rigs and/or their Belch-Fire Super-QRM 12000 amplifiers were quite active both in the simplex and split operations. They're such wonderful and caring people.

5. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Gud sigs on 40m CW at around 03:00 - 04:00z this evening.

6. VK3KTT

VK3KTT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Managed to work them on 40m cw from vk3 what a pile up the biggest mess ever. i gave up 3 times but came back 3 time with the lure of the rare dx and my persistence paid off with vk3ktt being in the log not bad for a 40m delta loop . this is where the money you spend on good gear with a second receiver pays off. btw this is the only the second time i have heard them in 8 years the last was from their portable operation but i didnt have the station to work them. :) very happy number 291 Yippee

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

good job. Especially fromVK with all the local clown antics here with which you have to contend. I listened yesterday and thought at least half the U.S. stations calling should be embarrassed at working so hard for so long in futility just to work a W2.

VK3KTT likes this.