#45 How to get the best microphone for your ham radio shack with Bob Heil

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, May 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Heil refusing to sell mic elements:
    This goes back 10-15 years ago when Heil sold their elements separately. One or more vendors started buying mic elements from Heil, repackaging them in cheaper shells and then selling them with advertising emphasizing "Heil". Thus trading on the Heil name and undercutting them.

Bob's reasonable decision was to stop selling the elements. Heil has always provided repair service at nominal cost so customers are still being supported. Send your mic/headset to the "Heil Hospital" and your bad element will be replaced.

2. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I call BS. It should be easy for anyone at Heil to differentiate between a guy wanting to replace his own mic element and someone buying quantity for trading on the Heil name.

W5CJA likes this.
  3. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

I would add to my previous post on this that the operators voice is also important.
    I have always been able to " speech process" my own voice...I am also a good mimic, I can reproduce animal sounds and so on with some accuracy.
    I remember back in the 1980's we had a net between the UK and stateside , and I often used to demonstrate this to the net....how I could use my "radio voice " and switch to what I called my " everyday " voice...
    Interesting stuff...73 all.

IS0HXK likes this.
  4. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Make your own for $1.28 o_Oo_Oo_O

[​IMG]

IS0HXK likes this.
  5. G4OBB

What a great Callsign!!!!

W4SEX, AG5CK and IS0HXK like this.
  6. G4OBB

Thanks for your interesting comments Peppe...I didn't know that about Knowles, but it confirms what I was told.
    Best regards stay safe....Des

7. IS0HXK

IS0HXK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks,
    Stay safe too.
    Best regards Peppe

8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The aroma in this thread is putrid. I'm done.

9. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

IS0HXK and W4SEX like this.
  10. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Earlier this year before the Covid-19 lockdown began I called the "Heil Hospital" and spoke to Donna at Heil. Had no problem getting right through. I sent my headset in based on the call and got it back good as new within a week. I also called the day before the repaired headset was delivered to check on the repair status (I did not realize it was already fixed and on its way back) and got through easily that time too. I hope you get your issue resolved. I can only guess it is somehow related to the Covid-19 crisis.

AC4ZU likes this.