ad: Bamatech-1

SOLD 43' Zero-Five Vertical w/kit for 80-160 Antenna Matching Unit

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KI5IO, Jan 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. KI5IO

KI5IO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Making adjustments with my Ham Shack and I have for sale my 43' Zero-Five 10-160M Vertical antenna with tilt-plate and guy-ring.

Included with the sale is a weather-tight container and parts needed to build/assemble the 80-160M Antenna Matching Network as explained in Phil Salas-ADFX paper. I've never gotten around to putting the Antenna Matching Network together.

Antenna with tilt-over plate, Guy-wire Collar and Antenna Matching Network box/parts priced at: $325.00

Antenna is ~ 4-years old and in excellent condition.

No Shipping ... Local Pickup Only. QTH is in Plano, TX.

73 - Nolan Kienitz, KI5IO
    e-mail is good in QRZ listing

RIMG9694.JPG RIMG9695.JPG RIMG9696.JPG RIMG9697.JPG RIMG9698.JPG RIMG9699.JPG RIMG9700.JPG

KA5HSY, KA8UGB, W7UUU and 3 others like this.
  2. W2CSI

W2CSI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wish you lived or would ship to North Carolina

3. KI5IO

Chuck,

Shipping/packing consideration could be explored, but I'm afraid the increased $$ would be prohibitive. Antenna packs down pretty small, but the weather-tight box is sizeable and (with all the parts) has a bit of weight.

Advise if you want me to pursue calculations for such?

73 - Nolan K. ... KI5IO

4. WB2RCB

WB2RCB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I always wanted to build that matching network. Would you consider separating the package? If so, what would be included (matching network parts)

5. KI5IO

I prefer to not split the matching network and antenna. As for the parts ... I followed the outline in the article that Phil Salas (AD5X) wrote (was also published in QST). Here is a link (Phil Salas - AD5X Articles) to the articles page of his website. Scroll down to Antennas and you will find PDFs you can download for more information.

I also found a couple other papers that have been more updated and recommended the larger weather-tight box so you would not have to cut the coil to bend it into the small box that Phil used. I have a hard copy of that article and would have to search my SSD to see if I have it there as well.

73 - Nolan K. KI5IO

6. WB2RCB

If you have that article, or a link to it I would appreciate that. I have AD5X's articles. Good luck with your sale!

7. KI5IO

The updated / improved article was in the September-2017 QST. Log into the ARRL site and do a search for the 2017-QST. I can't upload the file via this message as the server has a file size limitation.

73 - Nolan K. KI5IO

8. KI5IO

The 43' Zero-Five antenna has been sold.

The antenna matching "kit" is still available. Contact me for details and price. Packing and shipping costs will be buyer's responsibility. RIMG8246.JPG RIMG8247.JPG RIMG9699.JPG RIMG9700.JPG

9. WB2RCB

OK Nolan, can you send me the details on the matching parts to my e-mail address that you have? WB2RCB

10. KI5IO

80-160M Antenna Matching "kit" has also been SOLD. Effective 01/13/19.

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.