40 METER NOISE 7:31 AM EVERYDAY

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K8MOT, Jan 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. K8MOT

K8MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

At exactly 7:31am EST every day, there is a sweep thru the band, the a few seconds later my noise level goes from S5 to S9 + 5.
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem in central Ohio ?

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does it stay there all day until sunset?
    7:30 just so happens to be when I switch to solar power (inverter)

3. K8MOT

K8MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not sure i will check. The noise increases after a RF sweep thru the band.

4. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Local sunrise for the OP is 7:45 right now, so might not be solar power inverters.

Do you have any appliances like a furnace set to start at that time? Any neighbors or businesses nearby that would start equipment on a schedule?

5. KP4SX

My MPPT controller spends a minute or so 'searching' before it fully kicks in to charge mode.

6. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

if it's at exactly the same time every day, you can count out ant natural sources like the Sun. It has got to be man-made.... and a Solar Controler does make sense.

Depending on where you are located, it could also be a commercial, retail, or restaurant firing up their lights, computers, ovens or whatever.

7. KP4SX

Mine is on an actual timer. Between 7:30 and until when the sun starts generating enough power the system is operating on batteries.

8. N8MLP

N8MLP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I sent you a message..

9. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd suspect a grow operation and LED lighting nearby.

10. AI5DH

AI5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ganja grow lights. Take up smoking dope and you will not care. In fact the ganja is so good today, listening to noise is a great pleasure, as it comes in colors and patterns. You can even talk to the dead. Ohio has legal ganja, smoke it while you can.