ad: vanity

40 meter four square phased verts.

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by W3PNM, Nov 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
  1. W3PNM

W3PNM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking for recommendations on construction articles for building a four square for 40 meters

W3PNM

2. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W3PNM

W3PNM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. AJ5J

AJ5J Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, man; I envy you already!

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A while back, there was an amateur radio operator, who lived about 10-miles north of me, who had 8-each HyGain HyTowers phased for 80-meter and 40-meter operation.

My pair of 40-meter verticals phased works very well. However, with the 8-verticals phased, I think he could hear an 80-meter crystal dropped, in Outer Mongolia, at high noon local time!

Glen, K9STH

AJ5J likes this.
  7. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's get back to reality here...

When you double the size of a array, you can reasonably expect between 2 and 2.5 db of gain.

Going from one antenna to 4 will give you between 4 and 5 db of gain.

You may, if the noise happens to be in the direction of a null in your array see somewhat higher improvement in s+n/n

However, if a deep null for noise rejection is your goal, you will find a small, adjustible loop to be far more usefull as you will be certain to be able to steer the null to the required direction.

Rege

8. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

WA4SIX likes this.
  9. UA3TW

UA3TW Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be lovely before you build it according to the links from #2, to simulate it with EZNEC+v.6

10. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

not a bad idea....