ad: Radclub22-1

4 Reasons why we need more hams

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4RYP, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You confuse a lot of things, IMO.

Then you , IMO, want to peg things in nice tidy holes that don't represent the reality at all.Again, MO.

I am much more than you characterize me OM, and nothing like what you want me to be.
    pGet on the air and have some fun. Confabulation doesn't suit anyone.

Chip W1YW.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently your connection to unrelated statements, making a focus on 'you'.

By your own admission, you said you were "confused".

Now: where is the evidence that I am "Chief shill for BPL"?

Or are you merely "confused" on this also?

Chip W1YW

3. AA6XE

AA6XE Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong

I said I confused the Low VHF White Space WiFi Service with the 600 Mhz proposed service for which Spectrum is to be auctioned next year.

Stop twisting my words.

Now answer the question.

Where did I say the Low VHF WiFi Service would be interfered with by Es Signals ?

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Your confusion is evident.

In the future, consider my gracious and friendly approach as 'letting you off the hook'. This last time.

Next time, your malicious comment(s) will be considered intentional.

Our goal, as radio amateurs, is to serve the public interest via Part 97. 'Enhancing the radio art' is one of those so explicitly listed. We don't own frequencies and no ham is a 'shill'.

Add value as a ham, or watch the frequencies go away--much as the FCC just denied a (potential) new ham band at 70MHz.

Get on the air, do something, and stop grumbling and rambling.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  5. N3KIP

N3KIP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Jim,

It's a long time since we communicated. You are exactly right. Compared with when I moved to this area (Southern Maryland) there are more clubs and more FM repeaters. Now just try finding activity on those repeaters. Not so easy. I don't think they have all gone to digital voice either, although some have. I think they are talking on a different band, on their mobile phones.

73 de Alun, N3KIP, G8VUK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.