Just an update. Got B- shunted and that is working correctly. Also replaced the TR relay and it's working beautifully now. Only had my 817 handy (Watch out now, I don't want to drive this thing too hard!) but it's working! I dialed it into 28.425 since the higher frequencies are where the 4-1000's start showing issues. With 4500v on the plate and all 2.5W of drive, I saw 20w out of it on the bird meter. When times allows, I'll get onto it with something that can actually drive it. (Either the FT-450d or the FT-991 because they're handy) I traced out the grid metering circuit. The diagram shows that it should have been shunted to about 1.2ohm to ground. So I found a 3w 1.5ohm resistor for that task. Didn't see any grid current yet, but I didn't expect it with what little drive.