3D Printed DC Coaxial Plug to Power Pal Adaper for your FT-817/ND, FT-818

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KJ6PCW, Jan 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ6PCW

KJ6PCW Ham Member QRZ Page

The adapter for your Yaesu® FT-817, FT-817ND and FT-818 Transceivers provides an innovative solution for a common problem. Users of the otherwise great models routinely encounter the failure of the rear panel DC input connector. Stress from the power lead tends to shear off the PC board mount connector or plactic end, causing intermittent operation, which usually ends in total failure. The surface mount DC barrel socket is difficult to replace, and likely to continue to fail.

The 3D printed adapter is designed with 100% proprietary code by KJ6PCW, screws onto the rear of the FT-817/ND or FT-818, removing any strain from the DC connector. This special DC connector to the comes with a ready-made Anderson PowerPoles®. It takes only a few seconds to add to the back of the transceiver with no internal changes required, making this a very easy upgrade that will save you trouble and money in the long run.

The Power Pal Adapter is simply the best power solution for the most popular portable ham radio on the market and comes with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee! Buyer pays return shipping.

•Compact design allows it to become a permanent part of your FT-817, FT-817ND or FT-818
    •Hard-plastic 3D printed shell that’s strong & protects the Anderson Powerpole® and DC barrel plug while staying within the footprint of the rear of the radio.
    •No more worry about voltage drop on the stock adapter's low gauge wire
    •No more broken DC barrel plugs stuck in your radio

DIRECTIONS:
    Remove the existing stainless steel screw from the back of the radio.
    Line up the right angle DC power plug and slotted hole over the grounding post.
    Screw in the new longer 304 stainless steel screw.

The Power Pal Adapter is suitable for all models of the FT-817 & FT-818.

BE SURE NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN THE SCREW TO VOID WARANTEE!

$25.00 FREE SHIPPING in the US through the end of January 2019

Easy and convenient payment processing through PayPal.

Most order's ship within 24 hours and arrive in 1-3 days.

eMail me at KJ6PCW@GMAIL.COM
    20190108_203823_mod.jpg 20190108_203823_mod2.jpg 20190108_221440_mod.jpg 20190108_222049_mod.jpg 20190108_222115_mod.jpg

KX4GG, W2SKI and WB5WPA like this.
  2. N2ELI

N2ELI Ham Member QRZ Page

If you make one for the LNR LD-5 let me know

KJ6PCW likes this.
  3. KJ6PCW

N2ELI, LET ME TAKE A LOOK. Are you willing g to make a deposit? 73,
    KJ6PCW

4. KJ6PCW

I suggest getting a piece of plexiglass and a right angle DC Coaxial plug. See pic below.

Attached Files:

5. N2ELI

N2ELI Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty good idea.. I will let you know how it turns out.
    N2ELI

KJ6PCW likes this.