ad: UR5CDX-1

3905 century Club 160 Meter SSB LATE LATE NET

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WG0I, Dec 2, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WG0I

WG0I Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, I am the 160 Meter SSB LATE LATE NET COORDINATOR for the 3905 Century Club.
    http://www.3905ccn.com/newsite/index.htm
    It is a worked all states and DX awards type net. We exchange signal reports and then follow up with a QSL card. Come test out your station on 160 meters and work stations through out the country.
    We are looking for people, members or non members to check into the 160 Meter SSB LATE LATE NET. We are especially interested in stations in Hawaii and/or Alaska!
    The net meets once a week on Early Saturday mornings at 01:30 AM CST on a freq. of 1.926 MHZ. Tell your friends! Come join us! Next next on Saturday Dec. 5th at 1:30 AM CST.
    Thanks!
    cu
    Mike wg0i
    160 Meter SSB Late Late Net Coordinator
    ===========================================================

2. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for posting that!

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I looked for the 3.905 net a few times, and can not seem to find the net at 3.905.

4. KQ0J

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Its is the 3905 net, and they are not at 3905?

I have a Chrysler Van for sale, but the title says Dodge, so does the grille?? Close but not exactly as Advertised? ;) :eek:

6. KQ0J

As I hear it, they used to be there before the great 3905 frequency war. They lost.

7. WB4MDX

WB4MDX Ham Member QRZ Page

fyi. Most die hard 160 DX ops prefer 1.800 -1.860 range. May have more DX check-ins around 1.845. This is based on band width for most verticals and inverted L set up for chasing DX. Our early morning group on 1.865 gets an occasional DX check-in from Carribean or S.A..
    just fyi.
    always good to hear activity on 160.

8. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, would be much better if you were lower in the band ! My antenna is resonant on 1.830

And remember, the best time for Europe is around our Sunrise (currently about 07.30 GMT)

Years ago, there used to be a late night US SSB net on 1.850 with lots of great signals that I used to regularly call into ! Haven't heard it for ages . . .

Is it still going? Or is it just poor band conditions these days?

9. W8DEA

W8DEA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike, What is your schedule for Jan.-Feb., 2016 so I can look for you from Ohio ?
    Don, W8DEA

10. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE22 22 22 22 222 bang bang 22 22 22 22 bang bang good one="WG0I, post: 3673847, member: 129948"]Hello, I am the 160 Meter SSB LATE LATE NET COORDINATOR for the 3905 Century Club.
    http://www.3905ccn.com/newsite/index.htm
    It is a worked all states and DX awards type net. We exchange signal reports and then follow up with a QSL card. Come test out your station on 160 meters and work stations through out the country.
    We are looking for people, members or non members to check into the 160 Meter SSB LATE LATE NET. We are especially interested in stations in Hawaii and/or Alaska!
    The net meets once a week on Early Saturday mornings at 01:30 AM CST on a freq. of 1.926 MHZ. Tell your friends! Come join us! Next next on Saturday Dec. 5th at 1:30 AM CST.
    Thanks!
    cu
    Mike wg0i
    160 Meter SSB Late Late Net Coordinator
    ===========================================================

[/QUOTE] really

11. WG0I

WG0I Ham Member QRZ Page

12. KI0EO

KI0EO Ham Member QRZ Page

I've worked 3905 CC on/off through out the years. Great group, lots of fun.
    The Club website has frequency and schedule times.

13. AC0TP

AC0TP Ham Member QRZ Page

For what it's worth, they also call themselves the 3905 Century Club when their nets meet on 160 meter, 40 meter and 20 meter bands.