33cm/900MHz advice

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KC1MUU, Aug 25, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N2SLO

N2SLO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with someone who posted about 1296. I would not waste time with 902/903, a limited number of stations have this capability in the tri-state, north east region. Focus on 1296 if you want a UHF band. The new 9700 has capability, you can get 1296 yagi's from Directive Systems (Terry), and amps from the UK - Gemini. 1296 also has activity net on Monday between 930-1030, a bunch of guys in CT, NY, NJ come on and rag chew on SSB.

If you need any advice, give me your email. You can see my 1296 antenna on top of my old house I just sold. All my stuff is in temp storage until I find my new house.
    David

2. KC1MUU

KC1MUU Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good, thanks for the info. I suppose I won't waste my time with the 33cm band then. That Icom 9700 looks like a real nice radio. It is too bad there are not cheaper alternatives for people like me just looking to give it a try (besides transporters).

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Re: 23cmband

Actually there's plenty of equipment around. New radios (9700, Alinco DJG7), transverters, amplifiers, SDRs, yagi antennas... Used items come up regularly on QRZ swap meet.

It's a great band and has very interesting propagation. Enjoy.