2x2 switching on UHF/VHF

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KG4OOZ, Dec 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

YES .... BUT you have to properly wire to Correct Ports:
    Antenna, both Radios and Dummy Load.
    The 4-port relays, with ā€œNā€ connectors (SFN22032, 27 VDC, 300 Watt rating)
    have been listed on eBay for almost a decade (cellular and test equipment surplus) ...
    eBay # 171172483524

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. KG2C

KG2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a 2 port switch to switch the HF antenna between my HF transceiver and my SDR receiver and another to switch my 6m/2m/70cm antenna between my VHF/UHF radio and that same SDR receiver, depending which switch it is connected to.
    I haven't had problems if I label the switches and try to remember the correct position. My usual logic is that the transmitters are in one direction and receivers in the other. If I am not certain and feel lazy to check which device is connected by following the cables,I just check the SWR by transmitting with lowest power possible.
    It is also helpful to leave one of the cables on each switch visible until it gets to the radio, which tells you instantly what is connected on that switch and on which port.
    My solution is what WB2WIK is describing and is a decent way to do this on a budget. Of course as others suggested there are less lossy ways of doing this with the added convenience that you could use your rig's T/R relay for keying the amp, to tell the switch what to do.