ad: GNOHF-1

SOLD 2x: ICOM IC-2300H 2M/VHF

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N3KGD, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N3KGD

N3KGD Ham Member QRZ Page

Price: $110 per radio (or best reasonable offer) shipped.
    2 available.

Hello all, for sale is a lightly used ICOM IC-2300H mobile radio. I personally performed the MARS mod on it, so this radio transmits (and receives) from 136-174 MHz. No other modifications were performed. Included with the radio is the original packaging, compact disc containing the operation manual, mounting bracket and hardware, power cord, and a microphone. The microphone you receive will either be an HM-152 or HM-148G (to use these mics, the radio must have the gain setting set to "HI"). Purchased about a month ago and being sold due to an upgrade to digital. Comes from a smoke-free environment. One radio used as a base station, the other used in an SUV. Please note, the original HM-133V microphone is not included.

I accept PayPal as a form of payment and ship via USPS Priority Mail. Email is valid on my profile. Any questions, please ask. Due to parts swapping, all sales are final.

Thanks and 73,
    Nick,
    N3KGD

Moderators: my callsign is depicted on the radio display.

Attached Files:

NH7RO likes this.
  2. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Curious as to why the microphone change? It's difficult to get better performance (or even equal performance) without the stock mic.

3. N3KGD

N3KGD Ham Member QRZ Page

@N4EYZ, the microphones were changed to commercial ones due to the fact that I needed something more rugged, yet didn't need two dozen controls at my fingertips, much less DTMF. Should I need DTMF, the radio has an autodialer which can be used without needing the stock mic anyway. The commercial microphones sound much better than the stock one (on this particular model), all you have to do is change the mic gain setting on the radio located in the menu. I also have an SM-26 desk mic (which I'll be selling shortly) that I used on the base unit, and it also sounded phenomenal. So, it's not exactly true that you won't get equal or better audio performance with anything but the stock mic. It's all in how you set up and configure your system.

Anyway, these radios have since been sold. Moderators, please lock this thread.

Thank you and 73,
    Nick,
    N3KGD

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.