ad: M2Ant-1

2nd Home Signing and LOTW

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by W4KJG, Sep 19, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can alter the location indicators on QRZ by editing the co-ordinance of the latitude and longitude to be where you presently are located.
    QRZ will still maintain your location as reflected in the FCC ULS but the distance and beam angles will now be for your new location.

Have fun
    Gary

2. KC6NLX

KC6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess it's personal preference, but if I'm working DX, I'll add "mobile 8" to my call (KC6NLX). If I'm working local VHF/UHF repeaters, or even D-STAR, I don't use it.

3. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks all for the ideas and comments.

I got chased out of my "/4" location late last week. Some bully named "Hurricane Matthew" decided I should leave.

While waiting for a shipment of flooring, it became quite apparent that evacuation was in my best interest. During that time, I had a decent clandestine HOA antenna working. About the time I knew it was working great, I took it down. I didn't want anybody guillotined if any of the trees went down during the hurricane.

My time was rather short at my portable location (this time), and I faced a lot of unanticipated issues.

But, I will be using the "/4" and local Maidenhead location when I go back down in the next few weeks.

I hope to work more than just a few of you on 40 and 20 meter CW, PSK31, JT-65, and JT-9 from the house and beach.

I didn't have much luck working anything more than repeaters last fall trying to work down the coast on 2 meter SSB, JT, PSK -- or even FM from the beach. But, I'll be back again in late October, much of November, and January through March. I'll be running about 25 watts on 2 meters with a 6-element homebrew Yagi from near the Oak Island lighthouse.

Ken
    K8KJG

4. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you have to set up a different location in LOTW for the benefit of some who will want your QSL for Florida or that grid square, not your license location?

You need a different certificate for each callsign or country, and to set up a location within each certificate, by grid square, county, state, etc.

5. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

For JT use, some people use a helper program called JTAlert. That program will flag your call to the other person as "QSO B4" if you have worked them and do not use the portable indicator. I run into that occasionally because of my permanent QTH move.