2m AM?? Questions

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by W7UUU, Apr 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

STH:

Thanks for that info. I have quite a few 8 MHz rocks - just need to hunt the box to find something as close to 8020 as possible. I'm almost certain I have one that will do just fine.

First gotta wait for the lunchbox to arrive - then (yet another :p) restoration on the bench. But I find I'm actually getting fairly proficient at getting old rigs up and running so it will another fun exercise. I found one in excellent physical shape inside and out.

Dave
    W7UUU

2. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you do have that rock. I was wondering what the heck it could be for, but never thought of 2 meters.
    Ed

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's correct - Going to check the "stash" you sent me in my quest :)

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KD2BRM

KD2BRM Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too :)

K9ASE likes this.
  5. W7UUU

Came up with another rock that will put me on 144.450 which appears to be somewhat of a "calling frequency" for 2m AM :)

Dave
    W7UUU

AA7QQ and N6YW like this.
  6. M0TGK

M0TGK Ham Member QRZ Page

For any UK hams that find this thread, there is an unofficial VHF AM bandplan :)

AM1 144.5250
    AM2 144.5375
    AM3 144.5500 Main calling and working
    AM4 144.5625
    AM5 144.5750 Used for SSTV in some areas (avoid where could cause QRM)

NOTES
    1 Frequencies agreed via VHF-AM Yahoo group poll
    2 Original 144.57MHz frequency now discontinued.
    3 145.8MHz used for AM in some UK regions, but users encouraged to migrate to new channels ASAP.
    4 Channels chosen are within the "all modes" section of 2m
    5 Channels on a 12.5kHz raster to allow compatability with ex-PMR synthesised equipment
    6 AM1-5 not yet agreed for inclusion in RSGB 2m bandplan
    7 Monday nights at 8pm main activity period

7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

No, AM is dead on 2 meters.

You should try to resurrect it from the dead.