ad: AbAuRe-1

.275 Youth Group

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8LBO, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W8LBO

W8LBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, I understand.  
    Tim

2. KI4BBO

KI4BBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I would love to check in.. but I dont have HF privlages yet [​IMG] I have been to darn lazy to learn the code LOL. Am I the youngest youth here? I am 12.. and hopefully I will upgrade soon, I have the theroy down, but that Morse is eluding me. [​IMG]

Josh

3. KC9CRM

KC9CRM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Josh KI4BBO

A good way to study CW is to use the KOCH method. You start with two letters or numbers and they are sent at a very high speed then when you know those two good then add another letter and do this over and over untill you know them all and you will be in good in no time. The program i used is a G4FON SOFTWARE program i don't have the website or anything like that. But just type G4FON SOFTWARE in on google i am sure it will come up.

73, Hope to hear you on HF soon
    Jake KC9CRM
    [​IMG]

4. W8LBO

Jake, I agree with you 100% on the Koch Method. I also used the G4FON program and it worked excellent. It really helped me to get the code down.
    73, Tim

5. W8LBO

How's tonight's net going Neil? Hopefully you guys are getting a lot of checkins. Early August I should be able to check in, if I'm able to fix my rig.
    73,tim

6. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5 check-in's is better then none.. I look forward to checking again next saturday, I would only hear KG4ZUF, 40 was not so great last night.

+Steve/KD5OWO

7. W8LBO

When winter time comes, hopefully the net will pick up. But 5 is definitely not a bad amount.
    Tim

8. KJ5T

I got the net listed at AC6V's site..

9. W8LBO

Thanks a lot Steve.
    73, Tim

10. KJ5T

No problem I want to hear check-ins on there.. getting youth together is great...

11. W9WHE

W9WHE Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you guys get permission from K1MAN? After all, doesn't he own all frequencies ending in .275?

12. KJ5T

Was their a net saturday? I know there were some guys on .275, I tuned around and did not hear a net.

13. KC8QMU

KC8QMU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, me neither. I was home on saturday evening and was looking for the net, and heard some other folks ragchewing, and over heard one of them tell someone that the net had moved up to 7.285. Went up there and didn't hear it, either.

14. W8LBO

I'm really sorry guys, luck hasn't been on the net's side these past two weeks. Two weeks ago Neil had bad weather travel through his area and so did the back up net control. This past week there was apparently a WAR net or something like that happening on the same frequency. Every usable frequency within 10 khz was in use, if you follow the 3 KHz on each side of the signal rule.
    Hopefully this next week it will work out better, you might try 10 Khz to the side of 7.275 if you hear some ragchewers.
    Tim

15. KJ5T

Yeah, usually if there is bad weather up where Neil lives, there will be bad weather down here aswell, I also can't hear Neil because he is so close, but I will be listening this saturday to see if the net goes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.