25 APRIL .... the day of the father of the radio : MARCONI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Velikovsky could have saved America four trips to the moon. He gave them 17 things they should check when
    they went to the moon and "finally," when moon exploration was all over, they had made those checks he recommended.

Velikovsky was a contemporary of Einstein at Princeton. When Einstein died shortly after the Venus probe was sent and burned up, Einstein died. When they went to clear Einstein's desk, they found he was rereading Velikovsky's book and making notes in the margin.

Velikovsky was a fool? I figured you'd say that.

Who is the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?— Obwan Kenobe, Star Wars

Copycat Parrot... Nothing original. All you know has academia painted all over it. Try thinking out of the little box.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  2. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Today is the anniversary of Franklin's kite-flying, lightning-attracting experiment. Miracle is that Franklin did not go up in a flash.

Few remember Franklin's kite-flying experiment. They remember more that he invented and sold the Lightning Rod. It did spark a lot of interest in lighting and he was the first to experiment with it this way...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

3. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Waiting breathlessly in anticipation to see the correlations between N.Tesla and this device ...

[​IMG]

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm.
    L. Ron Hubbard?

Thetans?

Let's talk about Jack Parsons next....

I remember the day I got tested in 1975 and I pinned the meter. It flustered all the thetans present...

W0PV likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Would you kindly stop this crap?

There wasn't even a Venus probe until 7+ years AFTER Einstein died.

Deceased Einstein 'ANTICIPATED' Venus probe.

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me be perfectly clear:

Velikovsky was a fool.

7. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

One can hope...

9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, who invented radio...

A)

[​IMG]

B)

tesla.jpg

The year 1896 comes before 1898 right?

10. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

There were TWO Venus probes. The first one burned up after Velikovsky told the "scientists" that Venus was very hot and they kept saying it was cold due to the greenhouse effect. Then the genius scientists told Velikovsky, "But, you didn't tell us how hot it was..."

Einstein died in 1955. The first Venus probe was in 1962. Must have been related to some other occurrence when they found Einstein was rereading Velikovsky's book.

However, here is what Einstein said about Velikovsky:

Albert Einstein

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Albert Einstein, 1921
    Albert Einstein (14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955) was a German-born theoretical physicist, best known for his theory of relativity and the mass–energy equivalence equation, E = mc². Velikovsky discusses his meetings with Einstein in his unpublished book, Before the Day Breaks.

"The two men first met in the early 1920’s, when Einstein edited the Mathematica et Physica section of Scripta Universitatis atque Bibliothecae Hierosolymitanarum (Writings of the University and the Library of Jerusalem), of which Velikovsky was the general editor."[1]
    There has been a certain amount of speculation over Einstein's views of Velikovsky's theory, as to whether he supported or rejected them, or was sympathetic, since Velikovsky was his friend.

Einstein on Velikovsky
    In Einstein's last interview before he died, with science historian I. Bernard Cohen, Einstein said in reference to Velikovsky:

"The subject of controversies over scientific work led Einstein to take up the subject of unorthodox ideas. He mentioned a fairly recent and controversial book, of which he had found the non-scientific part – dealing with comparative mythology and folklore – interesting. "You know," he said to me, "it is not a bad book. No, it really isn't a bad book. The only trouble with it is, it is crazy." This was followed by a loud burst of laughter. He then went on to explain what he meant by this distinction. The author had thought he was basing some of his ideas upon modern science, but found the scientists did not agree with him at all. In order to defend his idea of what he conceived modern science to be, so as to maintain his theories, he had to turn around and attack the scientists. I replied that the historian often encountered this problem: Can a scientist's contemporaries tell whether he is a crank or a genius when the only evident fact is his unorthodoxy? A radical like Kepler, for example, challenged accepted ideas; it must have been difficult for his contemporaries to tell whether he was a genius or a crank. "There is no objective test," replied Einstein.
    "Einstein was sorry that scientists in the U. S. had protested to publishers about the publication of such a book. He thought that bringing pressure to bear on a publisher to suppress a book was an evil thing to do. Such a book really could not do any harm, and was therefore not really bad. Left to itself, it would have its moment, public interest would die away and that would be the end of it. The author of such a book might be "crazy" but not "bad," just as the book was not "bad." Einstein expressed himself on this point with great passion."
    https://www.velikovsky.info/Albert_Einstein

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.