25 APRIL .... the day of the father of the radio : MARCONI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

This the best you can do? Ridicule someone by inferring that feeding pigeons, as Tesla did, is somehow a sign of mental deficiency? Weak...

How many friends do you really have apart from those who are amazed that you are The Father of the Fractal Antenna? IF this is all there is, that makes you some kind of god in their limited mentality.

As one friend in the military kept telling others when they whipped up some factoid, "Tell me what you know that is original, not what you copy from others." THIS is the mark of true wisdom, not merely the interpretation and propagation of the opinions of others.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure.

If it gives you pleasure in accomplishment.

This tact here is not getting you anywhere, IMO, except Tesla fan-boy/poster child status.

Bob, I have TOO MANY friends. I suffer the guilt of not being able to put the time into those relationships to keep them where they deserve to be. That is what happens when you are an inventor and your stuff takes off -- and at 63 you don't have the stamina you had at 30. As they say, be careful what you wish for.

Happy now? I gave you a window into my private life. Consider it now shut.

3. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Tesla demonstrated remote control of a boat (that was also submersible) and whether he called it Air Conduction, Ether, or Electromagnetic Induction does not matter. He was using a concept that was accepted. In hindsight, in a narrow-minded way, this is enough to negate what Tesla did?

Someone said he wrote his thesis on Tesla in this thread. Thought it was you since you idolize Tesla so much. Whoa! That's Marconi, right? :p

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No. I NEVER said I wrote a THESIS ON TESLA.

But this is compelling evidence that you don't get facts straight.

I just TOLD YOU:

TESLA IS THE FATHER OF REMOTE CONTROL.

With IoT and M2M that is an extremely contemporary field.

Absolutely.

But not ' father of remote control, by radio'.

5. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Well Chip, have a ball.

I have more important things to do. And that's a window into my personal life.

N2NH likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

One hopes!

7. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

As do I. Apology? Methinks thou dost protesteth too much. And use many capitals. I think you should apologize to my ears with all that shouting. You shouldn't hold your breath Chip. I sure won't.;)

KK5R likes this.
  8. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Minor problem...

What Tesla demonstrated is not "radio" as we know it today.

We could argue that striking a tuning fork transmits a series of resonant waves and somehow calling this development an event which lead to , "radio as we know it today"

...but it isn't.

KK5R likes this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you understand that you call me an ANARCHIST?

I have never ever ever advocated for a stateless society. No comment I have ever made--especially here --can or should be interpreted as such advocation.

How do you justify that behavior? And in PUBLIC!

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe TESLA took those tuning forks, INVENTED the FENDER RHODES, and in doing so....INVENTED FREQUENCY HOPPING!

[​IMG]

KC8VWM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.