20A Cigarette Lighter socket

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by KC3U, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KF7VXA

KF7VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

That's why I suggested Power Pole connectors on a wire spliced into the wire to the power port. It leaves the power port open and the Power Pole connectors make a great connection, very easy to connect and run between the space under the center piece and the floor, it will be out of the way and solve the problem of poor connections.

John

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I make extensive use of the Cigarette lighter sockets for cables that have those plugs (Cellphone chargers, Radar Detectors and my new DASH CRASH CAM). Even put in an OZONE GENERATOR (or ION Generator, whatever) just cuz it is Bichin! So I have 9 cigarette outlets in use. But for any RADIO use, I use Power Poles and have 3 remote 28AH Gel Cells in the back seat area. The Auto 12V is just used to CHARGE the gel cels. I posted a pic of it and then some RBs got ahold of it, Posted it on FACEBOOK, and started making fun of it, so I pulled it. I know the wiring wasn't neat. I hadn't tye wrapped it up yet. There were several MODULES that I had to make, for holding relays and a battery pack since the Voltage and current displays require independent 12V power and isolated ground! Just ordered another set of those from EBAY CHINA for my new HF GO KIT case I am building. There were some very hurtful things said on how I had the car wired. But each wire IS NECESSARY and is the very best money can buy and be installed. Just ALOT of wires! If someone saw the SCHEMATIC of the remote wiring, they would know it is FAR more complicated than the AUTO wiring circuitry.

Think BACK TO THE FUTURE and the DELOREAN! YES, I DO Need all those controls, readouts and wires!!! Every one of them. And more are coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.