ad: wmr-1

2021 Orlando Hamcation,

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by M0KED, Feb 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M0KED

M0KED Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi from accross the pond, my family are treating me to a trip to Hamcation next year, I just wanted to ask those that have attended previously if it's worth buying the tickets in advance, rather than on the day? Is there an 'express' entrance for example? Thanks for any advice!

M0KED, Lincoln, U.K.

WW2PT likes this.
  2. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Other than saving a bit of money, I don’t see any advantage to ordering tickets in advance. I usually drive down for one day and buy when I get there. The line to get in is never too bad, especially on Friday mornings.

Hope you enjoy your trip. And remember, Cape Canaveral is just a short drive from Orlando, you should plan on spending a day there if you can.

K0UO, KF4ZKU, K2HAT and 1 other person like this.
  3. W4RLS

W4RLS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you plan on attending Hamcation when it opens, you might want to get tickets early. This year (2020) they only had the main ticket booth open, where in all other years, they had a secondary booth open at the other end of the buildings. I saw a YouTube video that was made at opening time, and there were easily 200-300 people in line. I arrived later, around 11:00 AM as I travelled in from Tampa. By that time, there was no line at all.

K0UO and KF4ZKU like this.
  4. M0KED

M0KED Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the information guys, looking forward to making the trip, assuming we're back to normal by then!

K2HAT likes this.
  5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Got got mine online early for 2020/ I am sure glad I went, because it's the only hamfest I'm going to make this yesr, with cv19. We took RV and stayed on location, that's the way to go if you can.
    Great fun in the RV parking area after hours

WA4KCN, M0KED and WW2PT like this.
  6. KE4ITL

KE4ITL Ham Member QRZ Page

FWIW, when my son and I arrived right after opening on Friday, the line at the ticket booth was VERY long. Since we had bought our tickets by mail, we were able to skip the line and walk right in.

M0KED likes this.
  7. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I would it would save you the time waiting in line
    Have Fun

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Remember that it's not up to the organizer. It's up to the owner of the facility and state laws

I'd be watching for notices from the VENUE and the state - not so much from the hopeful organizer

Dave
    W7UUU

K0UO likes this.
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amen...I think the next couple of months will decide things...but I'm not hopeful about Hamcation...and wonder about Dayton. Huntsville? Maybe. :(