ad: MLSons-1

2021 Mobile (Alabama) Hamfest 22 May 2021

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by W4NNF, Apr 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This long-running (at least since the end of WWII) event sponsored by the Mobile Amateur Radio Club is GO!

We believe many of your are really hungry for hamfests, and we believe this will be a great one. The Venue, the Shrine Center is excellent--spacious, food service by the Shriners, you can drive in to set up. See you there Saturday the 22nd!

W4NNF

upload_2021-4-16_9-54-33.png

KK4NSF likes this.
  2. W4NNF

Just a brief update...we've had a lot of interest and will have considerably more vendors onsite than last time (2019, natch). Numerous door prizes. I think it's shaping up to be a good one. See y'all on the 22nd!

SHRINE CENTER.JPG

The Shrine Center

MOBILE HAMFEST 1.JPG

Almost ready to open the doors in 2019

3. W4NNF

Let me add tables are beginning to sell like hotcakes. We've got plenty of room, but the choice spots are beginning to go. Contact KK4JJM (flier above) to reserve your tables! Believe me, I'm not just trying to drum up business. I'm kinda suprised. I really wasn't sure whether there'd be a lot of hams hungry for a hamfest, or whether a lot would still be reluctant to attend an event. Looks to be the former. :)

052.JPG

Rod Mollise
    President, Mobile Amateur Radio Club

4. W4NNF

I've had a couple of questions concerning our top grand prize from folks who recalled we'd announced that would be an Icom IC 7300.

We tried. But at the time we needed to order the grand prizes there were no 7300s available. No dealer in the country had 'em. Believe me, we tried.

The grand prize we settled on, the Kenwood TS-590SG may not have as much name recognition, but is actually a more expensive radio than the good, old IC 7300, and plenty of ops swear by the SG. :)

5. W4NNF

We still have tables for sale, but if you want one (or many) please reserve one ASAP. I think we have about 35 left a week out from the hamfest...

Just message me or see the flier above for KK4JJM's contact info.

upload_2021-5-15_14-23-5.png