ad: cq2k-1

2021 Ford Bronco Announced

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by N0TZU, Jul 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. SA6CKE

SA6CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Given the amount of electronics then the manufacturer would call warranty voided whenever they see that you have used HF gear.
    OK, the cynic in me woke up.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess this is a old thread.

I think Ford stopped Bronco production. o_O

3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the way you think. Just make it a big normally aspirated V8. Why frig around? ;)

4. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My son just took delivery of his 2021 Ford Bronco a couple of weeks ago and loves it. He was fortunate because, for reasons unknown, the hard top version is now completely unavailable. He lives in San Diego where, apparently, people have money to burn. He has had multiple offers from people who want to buy it from him for more than he paid for it. He's not selling.

I will see him and the Bronco next week. I'll give it a thorough look over to determine radio friendliness.

SA6CKE and W7EDC like this.
  5. W0MSN

W0MSN Ham Member QRZ Page

Saw this one the other day. Looked nice in gray and red. EAC3C25E-B118-4E8D-980D-7401F371CFED.jpeg

6. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure why Ford went with putting Bronco badging on those...the sport model is nothing like nothing like the other.

KP4SX likes this.
  7. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The reason production of the hardtop was stopped is because there were serious problems with the sealing of the tops. There are hundreds of them sitting at the production facility waiting for the "new, improved" tops. A friend of mine had one ordered with an August delivery date. Ford has pushed the date into the middle of October, and they hinted to him it may be even later than that.

N0TZU and N7WR like this.
  8. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

To cash in on the Bronco cachet, so to speak.

KP4SX likes this.
  9. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Spotted a Bronco Sport recently and thought it was a Toyota until I saw the badge!

N0TZU and W7EDC like this.
  10. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, just like badging that hideous electric SUV as a "Mach E" as if it's supposed to be a Mustang. Yuck.