2021 Ford Bronco Announced

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by N0TZU, Jul 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope so, but you can never tell what the car buying public will go for. A few years ago Nissan discontinued the Xterra, another tough body-on-frame truck-based SUV because the soft Pathfinder was outselling it something like 4:1, so maybe there isn't much of a market for something like that. Time will tell.

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll agree that the buying public are frequently a fickle lot. However, the Xterra really didn't have any legacy product to tap or build upon. Bronco, on the other hand, has solid history and a robust fan base. The new Bronco fills a void in the Ford product line between pick up trucks and the au courant, pussified SUVs.

3. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. Hot running 4 squirrel engine with a turbocharger. What could possibly go wrong? Same deal with the new Ranger pickup.

W3ATV likes this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

"On the same night the 2021 Ford Bronco was revealed and the reservation site launched, the one-year-only First Edition sold out. That was 3,500 vehicles reserved in one evening. Obviously demand was high, so Ford saw fit to go ahead and double production of the First Edition. However, it's still sold out."

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/2021-ford-bronco-first-edition-211300320.html

N0TZU likes this.
  5. KF5VRC

KF5VRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Reservations are not a contract to buy, but still a decent measure of interest. I have wanted offroad vehicle for a while. Owned two Broncos in the past. '70 and '86. Enjoyed them both. I think the basic model with Sasquatch Package would be sweet.

NL7W likes this.
  6. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Where to place the antenna... and the rig?

W7EDC likes this.
  7. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"If the radio fits great, you must FT8!"

W7UUU likes this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

9. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

It's pretty amazing what sells these days. Not so long ago folks were crying about gas-guzzling SUVs being crammed down our throats. Now we can't get enough of them.

Meanwhile the fuel-efficient models that some of us bought are being penalized because state fuel tax incomes are well below exceptions. We bought a 50mpg+ hybrid a few years ago and our annual assessment has doubled because we don't contribute enough to the tax coffers. It's almost cheaper now to buy a gas-guzzler again. :(

W7EDC likes this.
  10. WB6AGE

WB6AGE Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone installing HF gear in a new Bronco?

Bob
    WB6AGE