ad: cq2k-1

2021 Ford Bronco Announced

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by N0TZU, Jul 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DOH!!!

“The reveal of the all-new Ford Bronco lineup will now happen on Monday, July 13,” Ford public relations chief Mark Truby said in a Friday afternoon tweet. “The previous targeted date of July 9 unintentionally coincided with O.J. Simpson's birthday. We wanted to be sensitive and respectful of this concern.”

ND6M, N0TZU and W7UUU like this.
  2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We got "Juice Rolled", well played sir!

3. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm glad they are finally coming out with retro style because Ted Nugent won't sell me his zebra striped vintage one!

Will the "Nuge" model be available the second production year?

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I still had that '72 with the shoehorned 351w... :(

5. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

IF I had the $$, which I don't, a fully outfitted Badlands Bronco would be my choice. The control head for an FTDM 400 and my Uniden HomePatrol II would both mount easily to the above dash accessory rail. Routing power and installing antennas would not be an issue as I have installed hundreds of mobile public safety radios in everything from patrol cars to MRAPS. It would be fun.. As for a front winch the frame supports the tow hooks and those frame members would support the winch mount along with a very heavy duty brush guard.

NL7W and N0TZU like this.
  6. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AKA Mall Crawlers.

N0TZU likes this.
  7. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not a person that needs or wants off-road capability so while this is not the vehicle for me, I really do dig the retro styling. RAM released some renderings of their new "RAM Charger" and it was very disappointing (my dad had a gray RAM Charger with red interior when I was a kid).

No doubt Ford will make profit from this, and I do expect to see a few with radio gear in them.

8. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nah, the new one's not for me. I already have a Bronco, an '87, which I hardly drive anymore since the kids have grown. Used to take it camping every month with the Scout troop. Now it gets two or three thousand miles a year.

9. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

AA5BK and WJ4U like this.
  10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a feeling this new Bronco will be a *huge* seller for Ford.

WZ7U likes this.