2021 Ford Bronco Announced

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by N0TZU, Jul 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

I've witnessed all sorts of high and low speed crash-avoidance tests, and probably this one, too, but I'd never been aware of that phrase associated with any them.
    Funny, I'd always thought of this as the "moose test". The fundamental design of a Moose (800 + lbs. torso suspended on 2ft legs) puts it directly in the path of a standard car's windshield and "A" pillars, possibly to the great detriment of the front seat occupants. Similar tests are conducted on locomotives, perhaps more likely to be in that situation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Images © CarandDriver.com
    https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...moose-volvo-has-a-moose-strike-test-for-that/

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

N0TZU likes this.
  2. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One Moose Test is to test how well you can maneuver to avoid the Moose. The other is to see what happens when you plow into it blindly best I can tell.

SA1CKE, WJ4U and UT7UX like this.
  3. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

NOT WORTHY to be Called a
    4X4 - Not good for a swamp bog
    Very unstable in the snow 6/18 in.
    Gets stuck easily . And Ugly as ugly
    gets.

Paul

K4NWD and KP4SX like this.
  4. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And Ford has the audacity to claim it's a G.O.A.T., i.e. Goes Over Any Terrain. Yeah, right. o_O

N0TZU, SA1CKE, K8PG and 1 other person like this.
  5. K4NWD

Update: My friend got his Bronco. He's all gaga over it. I'm like meh. He does a lot of off-roading, and I'm pretty sure he's going to realize fairly quickly that it isn't really off-road capable. He's been driving a heavily modified Jeep he had been using for rock crawling, and traded it in for the Bronco after it finally arrived at the dealership. Get this: he said the Jeep was TOO capable and was no longer fun, as in no challenge to maneuver the Jeep through the rock trails. Well, he's got something now that won't be as easy to navigate the same trails.

N0TZU likes this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Oooh, I bet he cries at the first jeeping scratch or dent he gets.

N0TZU likes this.
  7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Uh oh. What version of the Bronco did he get?

8. W4HAY

W4HAY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seen Ford's new electric pickup concept vehicle? LINK.

[​IMG]

WJ4U, N0TZU and WZ7U like this.
  9. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

^ got an email about the F100 electric. Looks pretty cool.

10. K4NWD

I'm not sure of the nomenclature. It's a 2 door with a removable roof, optioned out. Has the G.O.A.T. option. Sport model maybe? I'm not a Ford guy although I have a 2003 F150. Only the third Ford I've owned in 54 years of driving.