ad: QuirkyQRP-1

2017 CQ DX Hall of Fame Inductee Jerry Rosalius, WB9Z interviewed by Tim Duffy, K3LR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, May 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Published on Jun 20, 2016

Jerry Rosalius, WB9Z interviewed by DX Engineering Chief Operating Officer Tim Duffy, K3LR while at the Dayton Hamvention® 2016.

Congratulations Jerry!

K9BBQ, K4TO, K9LL and 1 other person like this.
  2. AE5S

AE5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Great to see Jerry. Maybe he remembers hanging out in the early 70's on 40m SSB with a bunch of us midwestern teenagers. We thought we were outlaws but mostly we were just goofy. Back then I was WB0DAI. Now I'm AE5S and back in the hobby. Those early years were formative for us goofy kids. All of us probably have stories to tell about how it all led to exploits in various technical fields. Jerry's story is tremendous. 73, AE5S John.

NL7W likes this.
  3. WB9AZA

WB9AZA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A great choice. Jerry is represents the best of ham radio. I sold him a FT1000mp several years ago on a hand shake. That's a rarity in todays used radio market.
    73, Jim WB9AZA

NL7W likes this.
  4. KB8O

KB8O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great interview with Jerry. Hope to work you Jerry in many more to come Xpeditions...

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I visited Jerry when I dropped off 200' of AM broadcast tower plus a 3 el KLM 75M yagi about 15 years ago using my 85 Dodge extended body van towing a 2 axle car trailer.
    Acres of flat as a pancake wheat fields in the middle of Southern IL coal mines with elevator shafts for miles and miles.

Also made other stops on the way home in IL, KY, OH, and PA delivering repaired amps and 6M conversions and picking up several Ford Flathead and Y Block engines as well as a solid 35 Ford pickup.

Carl

6. AD9AT

AD9AT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow -- I knew Jerry back when I was WN9GHX in Watseka Il. when he was WN9HAD...
    Congradulations Jerry.
    Marc

7. W7UDI

W7UDI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Jerry!

Thanks for all the DX contacts over the years.

Steve
    W7UDI

8. K9BBQ

K9BBQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Jerry ! ! ! !

Matt
    K9BBQ

9. WT3A

WT3A Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Jerry
    You certainly deserved it !
    73 bob du7et