2014 Ford Explorer

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WD8RIT, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. WD8RIT

WD8RIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone with a Ford Explorer find a way to run a power cord from the passenger compartment to the battery? I can't seem to find an access area into the passenger compartment to the engine compartment. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. N6DZK

N6DZK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For UHF/VHF or for HF? If it is just for UHF/VHF the power wires to your accessory outlets are plenty beefy (at least they are on the Expedition). Then add a APO between the radio and power. You can get some heavy duty power taps to crimp inline and make a nice neat power tap.

3. WD8RIT

WD8RIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking for a direct route to run to the battery as I want to run HF/VHF/UHF.

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not the same vehicle, but my Chevy diesel pickup had virtually every means of access through the firewall filled with insulation. After an hour of probling around I finally went the the rubber gasket surrounding the parking brake cable. A tight fit, but I made it.

5. N2MOF

N2MOF Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a 2013 Explorer, I had to drill a hole thru the firewall and install a grommet. There is no other way to do this, believe me I tried. I am running a Yaesu 857D for over a year now with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.