2013 Ford F150

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KO4GOD, May 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KO4GOD

KO4GOD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently purchased a 2013 F-150 with the short center console and am trying to figure out the best spot to put in an FTM-7250. I think it will fit inside the front cubby in the CC, but haven't yet stuck it in there with the bracket to see if it will.

So, anyone here with a 12th gen F150 with a smaller radio installed that can share pics/ideas?
    20210527_143635.jpg 20210527_143713.jpg

2. KO4JRC

KO4JRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Dash mounted kenwood | QRZ Forums
    this thread has a couple of ideas, one is what I have started and it's still not finished, I have since swapped the kenwood for a yaseu mobile, added a cb but it's coming back out, nothing around here on there but noise and stuff I dont want to hear, but I'll try and get an updated pic on my profile once I finish up this iteration of it, it'll have an external facing me as well when done, I wear hearing aids and the little speaker in the radio, while loud just doesn't work for me. This i 2009 f15o0 by the way

KO4ESA and K0UO like this.
  3. N5HVG

N5HVG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pro clip has some great mounts for F150. Mine is a 2011 and they work great on mine.

KO4ESA and K0UO like this.
  4. KO4JRC

KO4JRC Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my latest iteration of my mobile install, used a 6.5" pioneer 2 way speaker for an external speaker and it is now more than. Loud enough to hear driving for me. I wear hearing aids so this is important for me and while I was worried about the tweeter being harsh its actually not at all to me and sounds good to me so that's what matters to me.

Attached Files:

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  6. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

7. NU7J

NU7J Ham Member QRZ Page

I suggest you install it on top of the dash in the center (on top of the tray), using a bracket sold by Builtright Industries. (Check your airbag deployment location first). That's where I put my FT857 on my F350.

Tom, NU7J