ad: CQMM-1

2013 Dayton Hamvention???

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K4LJP, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4LJP

K4LJP Ham Member QRZ Page

I am anxiously awaiting an honest comprehensive report on this year's Hamvention from an experienced Dayton veteran. It was the first one I've missed in quite a few years. I know the weather was great in Ohio for the weekend, even as warm as here in Florida, but economics kept me home this year......So, how was it?? Thanks
    de Lee,
    K4LJP

2. K4LJP

K4LJP Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been several weeks now...........Did anyone go???.............Does anyone care??
    jus' wonderin'........Lee

3. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I went to Dayton and had a GREAT time!!! I drove from Lake Stevens Everett area to Dayton. I got to see some sights, Like the Devils Tower,Little BigHorn Battle Field Walnut Grove and Sleepy Eyed.

On my way back I was almost hit by a Tornado that went through the area. I was in South Dakota near Spearfish and I was forced off the road and had to pull into a res stope for about 30 mins to let the storm go by.

It was raining so hard I could not see. I was latter told that a tornado went through the area and I was about 20 miles out from it

4. KC8HQS

KC8HQS Ham Member QRZ Page

I went and it was great. Turnout was just a little more than last year, as reported by DARA.

I go all three days and have for the past 7 or 8 years. This is the first year that I can remember seeing so many flea market vendors still there on Sunday. It's always less on Sunday but this year it just seemed more vibrant out there.

I believe it was Saturday afternoon when it rained... It poured for while but it didn't seem to slow things down much.

5. W9ZD

W9ZD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dayton: Every year! Same cronies; same restaurants. What has changed are my interests; maybe because I'm getting older. Fifteen years ago Dayton was all about the fleas and getting the jump on bargains. N9YIB and I sold again at the fleas this year. We sold a lot actually. We rent two spaces; one for the van; one for us. It makes things easy and we can sell if we want to. My emphasis though has shifted to the Hara where the vendors keep getting better every year imho. I also went to many of the forums this time. Noteworthy was the one about DXLAB. Friday night, We went to the topband banquet. A different category of hams go there. People with engineering degrees and PE licenses. We'll go to Trotwood for four days again next year. 73. W9ZD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.