ad: Alphaant-1

2009 Weatherford, TX Hamfest

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KJ5T, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hamfest 2009

Date: Saturday April 4, 2009
    Time: 8AM until 1PM
    Location: Couts Methodist Church, 802 North Elm Street, Weatherford, TX

Grand Prize $500
    Door Prizes all Day

Tickets are $5. Tables are $10. Advance admission tickets and tables can be ordered by mail and must be postmarked by Saturday, March 21, 2009.

Vendors may set up beginning 6 PM Friday and after 6 AM on Saturday. Unclaimed tables will be resold at 9 AM Saturday. Be sure to order your tables in advance as space is limited.

Talk in on 147.04 PL 110.9 (Primary) and 146.90 PL 110.9 (Secondary)

Driving directions: From Ft Worth, take exit 414 (US-180 W) toward Weatherford, go approximately 6.5 miles, about one block before the courthouse turn right (North) on North Elm Street, go approximately 1/2 mile, you'll see the church on the right, turn right on Edna Street. Park in the lot behind the church.

From the West, take I-20 East toward Weatherford, exit number 407, turn left (North) on Bethel Rd, go approximately 1.1 mile to South Main (Hwy 51/71), turn left (North), go approximately 1.4 miles to the downtown square, continue North on North Main ( Hwy 51/171) for approximately 0.7 miles, turn right (East) on Edna Street go approximately one block, you'll see the church on the left. Park in the lot behind the church.

VE Testing: Amateur License testing sponsored by the Amateur Radio Club of Parker County will be conducted from 10 AM until Noon. For further information, contact Doug May, WB5VQQ wb5vqq (at) arrl.net.

Free Parking
    Food and drinks at the snack bar
    Bake-sale cakes, pies and cookies
    Visit with friends and make new ones
    Many bargains, both old and new

Download flyer and registration form: http://w5pc.org/pdf/hamfest_flyer.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering who I might run into there. I am hoping to buy a mobile HF rig, 20m,40, and 10m hamsticks and trunk mount. Or something similar we will see what is there.

2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Weatherford was great, bought an IC-706. Anyone make it to Weatherford this year? I didn't run into anyone that I knew, minus The Wire Man (who I don't really know just have done business with in the past, though didn't stop to talk to him this year because I didn't need any coax) and the guy from Jubilee Enterprises who I have bought things from over the years, but again don't really know him.

Now gearing up for Belton HamExpo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.