20 WPM by March 1... or die trying!

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KK4NSF, Jan 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W5WTH

W5WTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree. I really enjoy SKCC and the group has done HEAPS for my CW motivation. I was pretty excited to get my "T" but the exchange started to become routine. I now try to extend the conversation with those that either have the time AND I can copy well. In most cases I will get a few back and forths; sometimes, if I'm lucky, a never ending ragchew that leaves me tired with a sense of accomplishment.

Quick exchange or ragchew; I still find it amazing that was able to learn any of it and enjoy a QSO of any kind. Really is a grand hobby and mode to learn.

N8AFT and W1BV like this.
  2. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

So vy happy you've outgrown the Scripted SKCC QSO! I wish more would do the same...

3. KJ6TAR

KJ6TAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement. I am going to try tomorrow afternoon.

KK4NSF likes this.
  4. W5WTH

All: Is there a running QRZ CW Sked thread?

5. KJ6TAR

I am going to try calling CQ around 7.045 in a few minutes. Wish me luck or come back to me if you hear me.

6. W5WTH

Nothing heard after several mins of listening. sent a few QRL?'s and then called.

7. KJ6TAR

Yes, QRL? Waited abc then called. After their third try I heard someone come back, KT4 something but there was so much noise and the signal was very weak. I am going to try again another couple of times.

8. KJ6TAR

Thanks for trying! I will try again soon.

9. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't know you were trying Brian, I wasn't looking at this thread. Drop me a email and give me a idea when and where you will be, with a little notice, I'll be there. 73 Rich

10. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

I see you online now if you want to try?