20 WPM by March 1... or die trying!

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KK4NSF, Jan 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you been getting some QSO's now? 73 Rich

2. KJ6TAR

KJ6TAR Ham Member QRZ Page

No successful QSO's yet. I have been copying on the air, and I attempted to call CQ but got no answer. I will keep at it!

K1SZO likes this.
  3. W1BV

W1BV Ham Member QRZ Page

To add on to Rich W9RAC's post about searching the RBN site - you can use wildcards, so if you can only make out W9-something-C,
    input W9*C into the search box field and it'll return any matches. Could be handy!

W9RAC likes this.
  4. K5JYD

K5JYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Just find your own comfort zone. After 47 years of cw I run around 18 wpm for ragchews and around 21 or 22 when working high speed dx stuff. That’s about as good as I can do.

KE6EE and N7BKV like this.
  5. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck. If I hear you on the air, I'll give you a call. Clean code is hard to find at any speed. It's good to have goals, but don't beat yourself up if you have to adjust them. Life comes before your hobby, and we're not going anywhere. ;) Enjoy yourself!!

N7BKV and KK4NSF like this.
  6. KC3JIN

KC3JIN Ham Member QRZ Page

I confess: I put six CW calls in the log today, and 3 we're K3Y's.. they just kept getting on 20 and I just kept snapping them up! So seconded or thirded or whatever'd that you look on the SKCC, esp their sked page. I have not met an op yet who won't happily slow to my ~7wpm. Some sound a little wonky because you're asking them to drive Ferrari keys at school zone speeds but that's good practice too :)

Or catch me on 20, God knows I can probably dial it back to 1wpm haha!

K9KXW likes this.
  7. K9KXW

K9KXW Ham Member QRZ Page

RAC; is "just learn CW" the actual name of the app? I typed it into google play store on my android phone but couldn't find an exact match. Thanks de Jim

8. W9RAC

http://www.justlearnmorsecode.com/

9. K9KXW

K9KXW Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W9RAC

I use it on the PC so not sure if its a phone app or not. Sorry. tnx, 73 Rich

K9KXW likes this.