ad: M2Ant-1

20 Meter AM Net On Wednesdays!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Jul 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Greetings
    Clark, KE7TRP started a group on 14.330 every
    Wednesday at 1600 hrs or 4:00 pm PST/AZ,
    7:00 EST.
    We had a good turn out last week and look forward to having an even better gathering this evening. We plan on having several control ops to handle check ins. Each op will make a list of stations and call them in turn. State your call, QTH and equipment used.
    This is a directed net but informal in nature and looking to bag as many as we can work.
    Relays are welcomed when needed, and of course conditions dictate results.
    I hope to hear you!
    73 de Billy N6YW

AG5CK and W1TRY like this.
  2. WD5JKO

WD5JKO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is interesting to me. Good deal for Clark to initiate this. For several years I was quite active on the 20m Monday evening 14330 group. That group disbanded mainly due to poor propagation. During the good years, we still had to stop during the winter when the days were short. But every time was a new experience because 20m propagation always seems to go somewhere. Sometimes short skip, sometimes long skip, and sometimes maybe no skip within the USA.

Right now I have some equipment problems, and have taken down my 20m antenna. Also since I was active on 2om, I have a new HVAC system and wash machine that both go "Tilt" when I fire up on 20m. The HVAC also puts out an S9 spur every 20Khz across 20m. For me to get on 20m again, I have a lot of work to do.

Keep this post open, and update as the Wednesday nights pass by. I did that for years on AM Fone 20m band section.

Jim
    Wd5JKO

N6YW likes this.
  3. KB3WFV

KB3WFV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Billy

Sounds like a great time. Here is a link to an online net logging solution that allows multiple net controlers to monitor and log the check ins at the same time. It also allows those checking in to see who’s turn it is. It may mske things easier.

https://www.netlogger.org/

Brian
    KB3WFV

N6YW likes this.
  4. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

I was able to briefly speak with Harvey, W5JAY in NW Arkansas before the band went nuts.

I heard the following last night:

Clark, KE7TRP, heard briefly out in Az., whom I visited one time while out in the Phoenix area,

Craig, KB3RHR, Pa., was coming in strong,

Matt, KD0EZS, Tribune Ks, was coming in strong,

Jeff, N0NQN, Mn., was very weak as his signal was passing over me,

Dwight, KB4WLF, in Ga, was coming in pretty good as well.

Pheel

5. N6YW

It’s fun to hear all of these great stations coming in from all directions. This group is going to be a fun one to witness as time goes forward.
    Looking forward to next week. We had a very large storm run through Tucson yesterday so I was unable to participate.
    Billy

6. N6YW

Jim
    Yes, we will keep this thread bumped up. As Brian mentioned, I like the idea of using netlogger for this group. I used it a couple of years ago with a group on 40 meters with great success.
    I hope you get your appliances sorted out. Curious if chokes on them will help or perhaps orient the antenna 90 degrees to see if that helps.
    Look forward to hearing your signal soon.
    Good luck.
    Billy

7. WA4NJY

WA4NJY Ham Member QRZ Page

It's on my calendar.

Ed WA4NJY
    Bradenton, Fl

N6YW likes this.
  8. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thunderstorms here....

9. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked too late too get in, but hope to join in soon.

10. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked Joe down in Georgia on the 32V3...