ad: portazero-1

20 July .... remember SK of marconi the father of radio !

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by IW2BSF, Jul 19, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

tomorrow 20 july 1937 SK of Marconi

Ricordo di Guglielmo Marconi....... 1937

Il 20 Luglio 1937 muore improvvisamente a Roma Guglielmo Marconi.

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

Attached Files:

2. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

There were so many great people who helped pave the way for today. Their original thinking was so far ahead of any published research or experiments by others.

Last night I was honored to get a 5-9 from 9A1TESLA from the Croation area where Nikola Tesla was born. I was running about 85 watts SSB PEP through about a 65 foot random-wire inverted-L.

9A1TESLA was coming into West Virginia at about S9+20 dB for several hours last night on 20 meters.

When I think of Tesla, I think of one of my crazy high school/college friends who built about a 6-foot Tesla coil. I was unfortunately with him when he first lit it off. It sparked about 3-4 feet from the coil top to every conductor in or on the joists of his parent's basement. I cannot begin to imagine how much damage was incurred.

I quickly left. His parents and my parents remained friends until they all passed away from old age. We both enjoyed great careers because of our thirst for knowledge beyond what we were formally trained to think.

After about 40 years years I heard from him several months ago. Maybe he will see this, but I won't further embarrass him by posting his various calls over the last 50 years, nor his name.

Anyway, thank you to Marconi, Tesla, and so many more who gave us exciting childhoods and great careers.

See Nikola Tesla

Regards,
    Ken
    K8KJG

3. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

hi, thank to you Ken ! yes TESLA was a very "crazy" but a big genius !!! hi :)