2 meters

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by M3LBR, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M3LBR

M3LBR Ham Member QRZ Page

2. M3LBR

M3LBR Ham Member QRZ Page

ne one go on 2 meters

3. M3PHP

M3PHP Ham Member QRZ Page

Now and again.. when i'm not busy personally spend most of my time on HF contesting.. but i do listen to GB3VA and GB3RD now and again.

4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not in the U.K. but currently I am stuck with only FM gear on this band. I hope at some point to get some all mode gear where I can experiment more with Sideband and even CW on two meters. Right now the most I have done has been SSTV and FM on two meters. Certainly have had some good times, but it doesn't beat HF, atleast not for me, not yet. Maybe I will have more fun when I have an all mode rig on 6 and 2 and even 70cm and I start working on my VUCC.

5. M3PHP

M3PHP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Steve,

Yes, 2m ssb is definatly something to get into, i use a IC-260e (10 Watts Max) and a 8element beam and i've worked loads even from the big hole also known as the city centre of oxford.

Bit more interesting then FM although not much activity unless theres good conditions or a contest on [​IMG]

6. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

95% of all my operating is HF PSK, primarily 20m, 40m, 17m, 15m, and occaisionally, 80m. I also love VHF/UHF commercial gear, and converting it over to ham use. I'm currently working on a UHF ham severe weather alert paging system. I've got over half of it. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.