ad: k1jek

2 meter SSB..........

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KD8OEK, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. HZ1BW

HZ1BW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much for the information

2. KD8OEK

KD8OEK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your help and suggestions...
    1.our condo is constructed of mainly wood and the antennas that I have in the attic now are working fairly well, and I can hit 2 meter repeaters 45/50 miles away with a J-Pole and my Wellbrook SWL loop as well as a 33' sloper both work well on SWL
    2. I think our elevation is approx. 690 ft.....not great but atleast not in a valley
    3. The QRN is very low here due to being on the edge of a small town with no major broadcasting in our area although I ofcourse have the customary laptop-TV etc.
    4. I currently have an Arrow dual band J-Pole which I understand is not very efficient for ssb then I also have an Arrow dual band yagi for chasing the sat's...I may give an antenna build project a try......like U say "do what U can"
    Thanks for the link...interesting attic projects
    Thanks again;
    glenn KD8OEK

3. KD8OEK

The thought has crossed my mind.......our condo has all kinds of room in the attic since it was built as a two story but with the upper level unfinished with a drop down ladder in the garage for access.........

4. KD8OEK

Thanks for the info. John, I initially thought that 'Sidewinders on Two' was strictly for the Texas area but I found they are all over the country and one of the 'BIGGEST VOICES' in America on 2 meter ssb is about 35/40 miles from my QTH and his first name is the same as mine !!!! small world....they also led me to there Yahoo group forum.....can't wait for that Kenwood TR-751A to arrive now (LOL)
    73's
    glenn KD8OEK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.