ad: elecraft

2 Meter SSB in Florida

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by WA4NJY, Jan 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA4NJY

WA4NJY Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there any 2 sideband activity in Florida? I now have a rig for 100 watts and will install a decent antenna if there is some regular activity.

Any input will be appreciated.

Ed WA4NJY
    Bradenton, Fl

2. AC1CP

AC1CP Ham Member QRZ Page

Contest next weekend. Bound to be busy.

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If uou're near the coast you might try some TE dx. Alas that never happens up here

4. WA4NJY

Thanks guys. I will put the contest on my calendar, Eric, I live South of Tampa Bay and was on 2 SSB in late 70s and into the 1980s. Had a lot of fun with a Hallicrafters transverter, Tempo 2020 I.F. and a 11 element KLM. This time will be ICOM 746 and maybe a 4 element yagi. Will need some temperature inversion for sure.

73, Ed

5. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll have my 2M SSB up & running in a couple weeks in Punta Gorda. I'll shoot you a message then.

Ed

6. WA4NJY

That will be great. If you know of a good antenna in our area larger than 4 elements, I will travel to buy. Otherwise, will order something soon.

Thanks, Ed

7. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

PM sent

Ed

8. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I can work over to your area from coastal AL (EM60) on SSB with 7 elements and 100 watts with some enhancement on 2 meters. I run a bit more power now so it is even easier. I'll be on over the contest weekend.

9. KN4ZKT

KN4ZKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Highly recommend checking out the Florida Weak Signal Society website here: http://flwss.net/ Also subscribe to their mailing list. It's quite active. There is lots of weak signal activity in Florida. It's a great spot for it.

You might hear me on the band sometimes when there is good ducting. I've worked stations as far south as Bradenton on 2m SSB during an opening with just 9 elements and 100 watts.

10. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We worked on 2 meter ssb back in November!