2 meter repeaters with CSQ tone

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by N4AEQ, Aug 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N4AEQ

N4AEQ Ham Member QRZ Page

In the repeater book most tones frequencys are listed or if none then left blank, but some have CSQ listed for the tone, I can't bring them up so I know they require some type of tone, so what is CSQ?

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think they want you to use the Chicago Saxophone Quartet.:)

3. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

What are Tones?
    PL / CTCSS / DCS / CSQ
    https://hamradiohawaii.wordpress.com/2019/02/04/what-are-tones-pl-ctcss-dcs-csq/

Carrier Squelch (CSQ) is used when PL / CTCSS coded receive is NOT USED.
    Even if any PL / CTCSS tone is present in the received signal, the (repeater) receiver just ignores it and the (repeater’s) squelch opens strictly when any received signal is strong enough to overcome the squelch level setting.

IF you can not activate the repeater, Contact the Owner, Club, or Administrator.

4. N4AEQ

N4AEQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, usually the tone is left blank in the repeater book listings, Im guessing maybe this is a software update with their site, probably all no tone repeaters maybe be listed this way in the future.

5. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

CSQ means Carrier SQuelch, that repeater will come up with just a carrier with no subaudible or digi tone or with ANY tone running.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That sounds about right. ANY or NO CTCSS (aka PL) will trip the repeater, as long as it is strong enough to activate the repeater.