2 meter PSK31

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KJ4NAP, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ4NAP

KJ4NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying to get some more PSK and SSB action going on 2 meters. If anyone is interested, I will me trying PSK31 every night at 9:00-9:30 EST on 144.144. My QTH is in northern VA. If you can't contact me, please let me know if you could at least hear me.

Hope to see you there! 73 :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Not that I could ever hope to hear your station from down here, but I assume you are doing PSK31 on SSB, since you are down in the weak signal area of the band. Also, are you doing horizontal or vertical polarization?

3. KJ4NAP

Yes I am doing PSK31 in USB. Antenna is a horizontal omni HO loop with 50 watts being my max. I know I'll need a beam to get out better. I'm just trying to get some more interest in any type of 2 meter simplex around here. 70cm is just dead around here.

4. KD8D

KD8D Ham Member QRZ Page

Jason, listening on 144.144 ssb ( 9pm to 9:30 3/15/12)have not heard anything or seen anything on the waterfall. I have a five element beam that is vertical. I will change the beam to horizontal this weekend if I get a chance and we can try one evening next week if you want.

My computer puts out too much interference on 144.144 but seems to be fine +/- 4kHz.

Looks like we are about 155 miles apart, I don't know if my 25 watt rig can make the trip or not.

73 and good luck
    Orland, KD8D

5. KJ4NAP

Sorry for the late reply, buy I am on 144.144 right now. I can switch to my jpole if you would like. Might be easier than you redoing your yadi. I will try to get on here again tomorrow night around the same time.

6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

According to the VHF/UHF yahoo group, Psk-31 on 2m is at 144.150 USB or 145.550 FM
    you might want to try listening up about 6Khz from where your trying.......

7. KJ4NAP

Since I can't be at the radio at the same time every night, I'm wanting to try a type of PSK31 beacon. It will be on 144.148 USB and loop the following message every 60 seconds:

This is the KJ4NAP PSK-31 test loop.
    Power: 25 watts
    Loc: Culpeper VA
    Grid: FM18al
    Please report contact to KJ4NAP@yahoo.com

I would run the loop between 11AM and 8PM. Before I do this however, is this ok to do? Is it against the "rules" to have a beacon type station outside the beacon portion of the band? Any ideas would be great.

8. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

what do you guys use for a PSK interface for 2M

9. KJ4NAP

I interface directly from my FT-857 to the computer soundcard (audio in/out) and CAT for PTT with Fldigi.

10. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Same thing you would use on HF.
    It's just another band :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.