ad: hrd-2

1N34A diode

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by K9FV, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Glad Jerry found some, think I will keep my 56a, the only one I have.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

2. K9FV

K9FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the offer Tom - Jerry will send it. Thanks so much to both of ya'll - just hope I can return the favor sometime.

73 de Ken H.

3. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

On second thot, I will trade my 1N56A for Vanna----

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

4. WY6K

WY6K Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't remember where I got mine, but 1N34As are readily available in small quantities at reasonable prices. I've bought several batches of 10 or so in the last couple of years.

Maybe the crystal set guy?

These are also the kinds of things I tag on the top of other orders from Mouser - just to build up the parts bins without shipping costs. Sort of like "earmarks". :)

5. VK2TIL

VK2TIL Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K9FV

K9FV Ham Member QRZ Page

That does look like a good vendor with good prices - did I read the shipping charges correct - $4 to the USA??? If so, then I'll be ordering some things from them.

73 de Ken H.

7. VK2TIL

VK2TIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you read it correctly.

I have found Futurlec very good.

8. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Really? My local Radio Shack stores actually stock that part -- you have to look through the "parts drawers".
    Don't ask the store's "cell phone staff" -- they are largely clueless in science, electronics or anything useful.

I usually keep 10 or so in my home parts bin.

Easily acquired through Mouser, and you can have in mailbox a couple of days later. I just ordered 100 of the current replacements for the 1N270.

w9gb

9. K9FV

K9FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks again for the link - I just placed an order with them - for $4 total shipping/handling charges, they promise to have it delivered in a week.... Their prices seem better than Mouser - not as much inventory, but do seem to be a bit less, and funny, but shipping is less from half way 'round the world than from TX.

Perhaps I should have actually went to RS - I just checked the on-line catalog. There were several general purpose diodes listed, but NO 1N34 diodes - perhaps the local RS might have them. I just didn't think to check after 1N34 was not even listed on-line.

Thanks to all,

73 de Ken H.

10. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a warning with Futurlec. There shipping can be very slow. If parts are back-ordered they will often delay your entire order waiting for the back-ordered parts. They also are terrible communicators. Basically, if you need stuff sometime in the future from a week to a few months, they are ok to deal with and have good prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.