1990 South Korean Callsign

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KA6WBQ, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA6WBQ

KA6WBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anybody have any QSL information on ROK/SK call HL9DST used by Dave in Osan, South Korea, circa February 1990? Thanks,
    73's KA6WBQ

2. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Would have been a military call sign. Don't know if anyone still has their lists or not. I have mine from Okinawa in 1962, but he was there 30 years after I was at Osan.

3. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Three suggestions: Ask on the HL9 Amateur Radio Club on Facebook, search DX bulletins and cluster databases from that era. Third, check QSL manager lists/services of that era, because he may have had a manager. I'm reasonably sure that licenses were still administered by the USFK at Yongsan headquarters in 1990, but they are now under the control of the KARL.

You might re-post with the title question "Did you know HL9DST (1990)?" It may attract more useful replies than you've received so far. BTW, This is the first time I ever heard of a HL9 call with a 3-letter suffix.

GL & 73,
    Gary

4. KA6WBQ

KA6WBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the suggestions!

73's
    Mike

5. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know if this will be of use, but from a Google, its clear he was licensed on Nov. 14, 1989. I'd guess he obtained his license in '89. When I was there licenses were good for 13 months, but may have changed by '89 - '90.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.