SOLD 172ft FREE Standing COMMERCIAL TOWER

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N5XO, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5XO

N5XO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a free standing 172ft FREE STANDING HEAVY DUTY COMMERCIAL TOWER FOR SALE, unfortunately I do not know the manufacture. I purchased it used {but it has never been put up}, for a project at my ranch. Due to a contractor ability to cut a road to the top of our hill, and locating an amazing tower site 3/4 of the way up and less then 250 ft from my house, we decided to put up a Rohn 55 100ft tower for my 50, 144, 220, 432 and 1296 antennas, rather then this one as originally planned.

I moved it 80 miles from the purchase location in San Antonio, with the help of 4 friends, a home made tripod and sling and 3 flat bed trailers. Took us 4 trips with 18ft trailers, but went very smooth.

This is very heavy duty, and will support the average ham needs and even the above average needs.

20ft sections, with the exception of the top section which is 12ft.....

I am pricing to sell, need to fund some other projects: $3,500, or I will trade for an FT990S or IC-7800 and $500 cash. Buyer will need to make his own shipping or pickup arrangements. However there is no need to rush getting it off my property {within reason}.

I do not have a QSL card attached to the photo's I took, but include my call license plate, and you can see it in some of the trailer photos. MY E-MAIL AND CONTACT INFO IS GOOD ON QRZ for further verification of who I am.

N5XO
    N5XO@144200.net
    www.144200.net

Attached Files:

NH7RO, KO6KL, K5YVY and 1 other person like this.
  2. KB8PYG

KB8PYG Ham Member QRZ Page

I may be overlooking, but could you send the pic of the top section ?
    Thanks.

3. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Picture #0494, section is laying all the way to the left of the other sections laying there. Appears to be a Rohn SSV. I built towers commercially for 20 years. Stacked and worked on many just like that pictured. Extremely good and strong structures. BTW--The tower pictured (SSV) has bolt together sections probably to 100'. All angle steel braces bolt together to the tower legs. What we called knock down sections. All sections are 20'. It appears the top 60' on this one are all welded sections. Again very strong stuff.

Wayne
    n4eyz

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    NH7RO and K5YVY like this.
  4. WA9WVX

WA9WVX Subscriber QRZ Page

5. N5XO

It is in photo #3, inside the large section to the left.....Next trip up to the ranch, I can take some additional photos.

6. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There should be stampings on the bottom or top of the flanges. It does look like Rohn SSV. I have owned several. Look for numbers on the flanges and go to the Rohn website and you should find them listed in the SSV section.

7. N5XO

I'll be up there this weekend and take a look.

8. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This a Rohn but the 80 and 90 series are guyed towers. They are all straight sections (20') each. I've built many to 500'+ and worked on both. This is a self supporting tower. The Rohn SSV series is the self supporting tower. Not difficult to see the section taper. There will be a part # stamped either on a welded plate at the bottom of the leg or under the leg flange.

Wayne
    n4eyz

W4TRK likes this.
  9. N5XO

Was at ranch Sunday and took photos of the number on the pads: SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS, I took a shot of me next to the tower base section, I am 6 ft 1 so you can get a feel for the size.....of the tower

Attached Files:

N4EYZ likes this.
  10. N5XO

TOWER HAS BEEN SOLD

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.