All, I have a Jumper Dipole I started making last year. It covers every band 6-80m (including WARC & 60m) and on 40-80 I put 2 segments per band in so it is resonant both for the CW and SSB portions of the bands. That brings me to my question. I am adding 160 meters this season for Field Day. I had intended to do that this weekend, but things didn't work out and I didn't get to start adding to the antenna to sweep it and see what the SWR curve was. My intent was to make a segment centered around 1850kc and see what the bandwidth was then make a determination of if I wanted 3 segments or if 2 would do it. What does the group here suggest? The question simply is in order to cover the full 160m band with adequate resonance should there be 2 segments - as I did on 40 and 80 - or should I add another segment in the middle to better cover the, say, 1800-1875kc, 1875-1925kc, and 1925-2000kc ranges? Or do you think 2 segments to cover the 1800-1900kc and 1900-2000kc portions would be plenty? Why I question it is how much the calculated length of a resonant dipole varies between the band edges - using the 234/f calculation (neglecting velocity factor) that would be 130ft at 1800kc and 117ft at 2000kc (these numbers are for 1/2 the dipole, each leg, not the total length of both legs combined). In any event, that is a difference of 23 feet on each leg, or 46 feet total lengths combined. If I had a measured SWR curve to see on the antenna I have that would help me tremendously. However, I do not have that and at this stage of the game I need to calculate my best guess on the velocity factor, build the additional segments, then only fine tune. That means I need to know how many segments to build ahead of time without the data to do it the "right way", as far as my original idea was on how to do it. For what it is worth, the jumper dipole works absolutely beautifully. I've used it mostly on 40 and 75. I couldn't ask for a better portable antenna. This one came out of a few other precursors. I decided to use 18 gauge Silky wire from The Wireman on this one - a bit thicker wire than the 26 gauge I used earlier (still awesome stuff). I figured I learned enough from the previous versions to do this one kind of a "one and done" deal - and so far it wins with flying colors. The 160m segments are going to be removable - so there will be double insulators between 80 and the 1st segment for 160 that can be separated. The antenna goes with me on all kinds of adventures and I don't want to carry all that extra wire for 160 all the time. The primary band the antenna was built for (of course it covers all bands) was 75 meters so that is already a good amount of wire. Add all the insulators for all the band segments and it all adds up. But - it has been well worth it.