ad: hrd-2

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KF4SJL

KF4SJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Many years ago I was working 160 meters and talked to a gentleman who gave me a specific length of 450 ohm ladder line for 160 meters. It was either 20'2" or 20'4". He told me not to deviate from that length. Well I'm older and have forgotten which length was correct and, I cant find where I wrote it down. Anyone have that information? I used a 160 meter loop for many years and this config worked very well for all bands with very little tuning necessary for all bands. I am now trying to get something up again but its not looking very good because of the lack of trees and a HOA that wont allow antennae.

2. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

You may want to consider putting up a metal flagpole displaying the American Flag that can also be used as antenna.
    The Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 passed by Congress and signed by President Bush says

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.

• A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

SEC. 4. LIMITATIONS.

• Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with--

• (1) any provision of chapter 1 of title 4, United States Code, or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag of the United States (as established pursuant to such chapter or any otherwise applicable provision of law); or

(2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What is the radiating portion of this antenna? Like a mobile loaded whip or something?

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This would get you 80-6 with a nice flag included ... $799

http://www.zerofive-antennas.com/pr...-performance-commercial-duty-flagpole-antenna

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and N2EY like this.
  5. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Loving the "TOP BAND"
    Those lengths of ladder line are a tiny percent of 160M wavelength and don't sound very useful on that band for ANYTHING ! I feed my 260 ft dipole with a few hunderd feet of RG8 type coax and it works GREAT on 160M. !
    I have worked both East, West and Gulf coast stations and everything in between, with 100 W on CW.
    Remember summer months are pretty noisy from lightning hit QRN so I do most of my 160M in the colder months.

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, those numbers sound like absolute "floobydust" to me....something the OM pulled out of his Speed-Os.

7. N5WVR

N5WVR Ham Member QRZ Page

2" is 0.03% of 160 meters. There is no way you will see any difference between those two lengths on that band.

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Do we have any antenna engineers around to explain? I was just a "Radio Mechanic" for 43 years.

9. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

My math gives me .04 % ! :eek:

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Remembering Bob Pease. RIP.