ad: MLSons-1

160 meter band plan use and abuses!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, yes K2WH. And you DO know what "MF" means don't you? Why "Medium Frequency", of course! Right?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, well, well, Thom! You have taken a strong stand on a big issue. I am truly surprised-- and impressed! Congratulations and best of luck!!

3. WD4LR

WD4LR Ham Member QRZ Page

John:

You hit the nail..and this is what I meant,
    And this is why I stop all contesting long time ago.

I came to 160 searching the " Holy Grail" of peace and I was wrong. At the present time I don't see many differences in 160 that in 10 meters or 20 meters where the OK Corral looks like a boy's game compared to what I hear in 160 meters lately.

The CW operators don't care. If they are in a contests, courtesy, good behavio and common sense doesn't work anymore.

Looks like we need to lear a little bit more about manner, common sense and ....operating habits.

" They" will call me a whinner.....but saying the true always is not easy.

That's why " they will try to kill you"..

73s de Lionel, KC4CLD

4. VE7IBV

VE7IBV Ham Member QRZ Page

It is time US Amateurs Woke up and Smelt some old Coffee. I include The lack luster FCC in this as well. I am certain the head of your FC may well remeber my telephone conversation re this topic a few years back.

BAND PLAN IS DEAD yes DEAD with the advent of the loss of Amateurs over a dorught period lasting probably 15 years we have a ham population of Nearly deads and OLd Farts. and few younsters that have held a licence more than 3 years. Those are typically NO code techs Pirate CB 'ers and 5 Word per minute 10 meters users. Sad WHY They despise and see no reason for Code to be a requirement to Use HF Why to battle HF religious broadcasters most of the time WHY bother !
    The OLD school hold on 10,15 20 WPM cw IS gone at last and we are now seeing a few and hopefuly growing entres to HF.
    lets take the 160 M band If CW is so effective WHY dont I hear more than a few BIG POWER sations in that hallowed ground and a clutter of Phome users jammed on the rest of the band ( by comparison ) NUMBERs of users/kc. 80 meters WOW we here inCanada can legally work any where on any HF band. I dont expect to hears GRIPES from any US or other CW opporator. If I want to opperate phone on 3.505 or any other 3 to 4 Meg Fxy. You want abuse I do have the station to enerate enough legal harrasment I wish. I dont, I am, I hope a gentleman but dont jump into my pond and make waves. 40 meters Cw is popular but it could be fit into a 15 kc portion of that band without a problem HF broadcasters have destroyed the Amaturs paradise of 24 hour Dx. 20 meters, sparse use on CW. 17 Too small a band to have CW 15 A dead band. But for a handfull of users little happens on this very usefull Dx band. Fewer CW than any band. 12 Meters too small for CW and slowly rising in popularity with a modified CB user than amateurs. 10 meters we have 1.7 megs of CB waste land Its under used and Abused by CB Opperators who will tell you they were not told by the sales man they couldn't use that band (likely story).
    We have a real problem when only 5 to 30 CW users are consistant on the band. Or any of the 9 we have.
    Band plans create more wasted radio time in squabbles than any single item other than radio checks on all the bands put together. CW requirs a mere 1 KC plus a small spot, to function.
    Just as we in Canada can use all MODES on any FXY we desire within our legal bands. We have the fun of phone and other modes of DX with many more countries than THE US HAM.
    It is a true GENTLEMMANs agrement to Provide adaquate elbow room to provide clear communications to his fellow on a close frequency. BE it CW FM AM SSB RTTY OR PSK. given a kc or additional space beyond my envelope is MY Gentlems and way to communicate
    WE dont need a RACIALLY SEGREGATED BAND PLAN. racially meaning Ammateur Extra, Advanced, general, or novice.
    IN dealing with People it is common to help a lesser knowledgable person rise above his own expectations. This is done by a common pool CALLED Ammateur Radio opperators! Allow a general to rub shoulders with an Extra He will rise. We do not lose knowledge, we gian knowledge if not respect.

BAND plan Its time has passed The Ham of 2002 has no need to see 50 % of our band go to dead air. We are in need of more Phone space.
    Coffees Been on for 15 years too long and has a big bad odour! AND You STILL CANT SMELL IT ??

Peter.

VE7IBV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.