ad: QSLWorks-1

15 SEPT - FCC, KATRINA AND HOA ANTENNA RULES

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AC8Q, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AC8Q

AC8Q Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC MEETING SET FOR 15 SEPTEMBER 2005, mostly devoted to an assessment of communications disruptions during Hurricane Katrina AND the exploration of options for handling future disasters more effectively.

NOW is a good time to remind the Commission of the urgent need to exempt Amateur Radio stations from otherwise applicable Homeowners' Association (HOA) antenna bans.

I urge all Amateur Radio operators to write the FCC at FCCINFO@fcc.gov, and copy the commissioners:
    Chairman Martin, R:                   kjmweb@fcc.gov
    Commissioner Abernathy, R:       kabernat@fcc.gov
    Commissioner Adelstein, D:         jadelste@fcc.gov
    Commissioner Copps, D:             mcopps@fcc.gov

It has been four years since the Twin Towers fell, and more recently Katrina has again demonstrated the need for Amateur Radio.

Unfortunately, HOA antenna rules make it impossible for anyone to really enjoy HF Amateur Radio.  This is leading to a critical loss of a national skill bank, as the average age of Amateurs is rising.

Now is the time to build our national emergency capacity using Amateur Radio, and we urgently need to have a Federal exemption for Amateur Radio antennas, much like what the FCC has already done for Satellite TV and other commercial interests.

2. AC8Q

AC8Q Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KO2Q

KO2Q Lifetime Member 562 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Since when did the FCC obtain jurisdiction over private contracts? When you move into a sheep pen (sorry I mean subdivision) you agree to their rules...so how can the government supercede a contract one enters into willfully?

4. W4ASS

W4ASS Guest

EXACTLY my point in question , i live in a "MOBIL HOME PARK " the home comes in on wheels so its a mobil home but its a manufactured home its 30'widex70'long ,and we are not allowed any kind of transmitting antennas , so how does the fcc come into play here? i have to use stelth antennas other wise?

btw im an the board of directors of our hoa here so how would i aprouch this to the board???

73's bob
    ki4ltg

5. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys,

The FCC has already addressed this issue and rejected it. The government has no authority to nullify a private contract.

The difference lies in the CC&Rs which are not contracts, they are covenants. The difference is legal definitions you should be aware of. Notice the wording of the bill before Congress which proposes to shift power to the states and local governments, not preemption or nullification, rather a shift of power. There is no intent to void them as seems to be the case in this crude attempt to nullify private contracts.

The key is the difference between an AGREEMENT, REGULATION thereof and a CONTRACT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.