ad: Stlouis-1

15 is coming Alive

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K0UO, Sep 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

More DX today

2. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

12 meters is showing a bit of activity this morning

K0UO likes this.
  3. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard several DX stations on the band Saturday working some sizeable pile-ups. I had a conversation with a chap named Andy in England about 40 miles outside of London at a club get-together where they were all enjoying a pint and some fresh air outdoors. I have to admit that I was slightly envious.

K0UO likes this.
  4. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

15 meters has been crazy for at least for the last hour (about 1600 Z) when I turned on my rig. Lots of strong signals in/out of Europe and Scandinavia, and lots of strong signals throughout the western US and Canada.

I'm about 100 miles west of Washington DC. I have a 53 foot wire fed with about 25 watts.

K0UO likes this.
  5. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

There were many strong Europe, Africa, Japan and South pacific stations on 15 RTTY this weekend along with the D60 on 15 FT8 into the Pac Northwest.

The D60 was very audible and running close to 00 on FT8 on 21.092 MHz at times yesterday, signals were rolling with QSB with D60AC fading up and down from about -8 to +10 both ways for over an hour with just a pair of phased verticals.

I was too late to the show to catch them on 15 SSB but this is still promising for 15meters.

I even heard the D60 weakly on 12 CW, 24.895MHz, but I only have a receive antenna for 12 meters so I had to just listen to them fading in and out on 12 CW for over 20 agonizing minutes until 12 died out.

K0UO likes this.
  6. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

The D60 in right on now 24.895 CW, Unfortunately I only have a one way receive link back to my K3S set up again at my house so I'm being tormented again with a good signal from him but with no ability to transmit back.

N8RKD likes this.
  7. KG5BJV

KG5BJV Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked a new country a couple of days ago Hungary on 20 meters !

8. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

D60AD was on 12 CW today, with a minimal amount of takers when I worked him.
    Mike N3PM

9. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

17 was pretty open to Asia this evening quite nicely. Allllmost had an ATNO to bring me to 318 current (Taiwan was on... which has been an elusive one for years for me.. that and Vietnam) but he kept switching to odd/even.. finally he settled but faded out. Lol it's been over 3 years since I've worked an ATNO.