146.520 on the road

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by N3TDV, Sep 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N6PAS

N6PAS Ham Member QRZ Page

With proper respect there is NO reason to not use 652 as a calling freq. If 652 gets busy move up or down a little, if some wants in let them in, they may something to contribute.

PLEASE 146.52 MONITOR IT IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY. THAT WILL MAKE THIS HOBBY MORE VALUEABLE.

KY1K and K0UO like this.
  2. N6PAS

I like to identify myself and say something like mobile and monitoring then repeat. If others are on scanners or multi watch radios they will miss your call if you go to quick. If you can put out a 15 second intro it gives them a chance to hear it. Always repeat your call. That is my suggestion.

KU3X and K0UO like this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KJ7EFC

KJ7EFC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

.52 is getting pretty good life again here in the Boise Idaho area. I prefer simplex myself. Repeaters are fine and I use them for nets for the most part. Point to point is just a lot more fun for me. Digital just isn't in my shack at this point. I am using an old Yeasu 726R and with its 10 watt output I can reach out pretty good. Best simplex contact has been right around 40 miles or a bit better.

K0UO likes this.
  5. KE8IWM

KE8IWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the two local repeaters and 146.520 programmed into my mobile. It's scanning these and other frequencies on my 40 minute commute. Sadly I almost never hear anything on the repeaters and the simplex frequency is dead silent. Many, many days I've put my call out there with no response. Some days I'm tempted to pull the rig out of the car and shelve the whole thing.

K0UO likes this.
  6. N6PAS

I hear you........BUT DON'T remove your radio or stop monitoring. Please keep monitoring 146.52 it is so important. I have no idea of how to get people to use it but it is important to use and monitor.

K0UO likes this.
  7. AF7JA

AF7JA Ham Member QRZ Page