146.520 on the road

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by N3TDV, Sep 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC0NIB

KC0NIB Ham Member QRZ Page

My 2m radio is already loaded with 146.52 as one of the memory entries so it scans them. Around east Texas; if you put out a call; I'll hear it. Antenna has a good 100 mile coverage area.

K0UO likes this.
  2. KD7CFM

KD7CFM Ham Member QRZ Page

In Phoenix AZ it is monitored and used daily. FM.

3. K2IGO

K2IGO Ham Member QRZ Page

It's dead around San Diego

4. WB8TCR

WB8TCR Ham Member QRZ Page

I programmed .52 and .55 into my 2m base and HT’s scan functions. My initial thought was to have .52 as a calling frequency and switch to .55 for the QSO. 2m is so dead around here I’ve only used .52 once, switching there from a repeater contact just to see what kind of distance I could achieve. I do occasionally hear some traffic on .52 that some locals use for personal comms. I’ve never picked up any action on the road there though.

5. K5TUE

K5TUE Ham Member QRZ Page

WB8TCR, where's 'here'?

6. WI9RHC

WI9RHC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ,CQ,CQ...CQ...and, uh...yeah.

7. K2BCE

K2BCE Ham Member QRZ Page

I got no luck on .52 going across on I40/I70 earlier this summer. I was on on the move granted, but it was frustrating. This is another reason I'm switching to a DSTAR dual band so I can use my Lat/Long to scan for nearby DSTAR repeaters and make more contacts overall. As a new HAM, I find a repeater and call CQ a few times and see if I get any takers, but often it's quiet in remote areas of VA/WV I've found. Hopefully it improves on DSTAR.

8. WB8TCR

WB8TCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Northern MI. See my QRZ page.

9. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried the Bluemont repeater? It's not as busy as it used to be, but it does have a large number of users in the region and at least one daily traffic net. There is intermittent regional traffic on .52 because I hear it from my home in Manassas during the day (listen via my HT while working). The W4OVH club here in Manassas has a weekly net on 2m. That might be a stretch for you in Leesburg unless you have a tall antenna, but worth a try.

There's always SOTA. Get up on Blue Mtn, Loudoun HP, or any of the other nearby summits and call "CQ SOTA" on .52. :)

Chris

K2BCE likes this.
  10. AI7PM

AI7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Threw out my call yesterday on the East side of Yellowstone National Park, and got a reply right away from a newer ham.

K2BCE likes this.